Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 30 reunited

Bad news first. Justin has been quite ill. We are honestly hoping it is something he ate and not something that is contagious. He can't be far from the restroom, he has chills, and cold sweats. There was no way he could make the two hour trip to Ussuriysk. He was upset to miss our visit with the Little Guy, but he was relieved to be able to stay in the hotel room.

The good news. My visit with the Little Guy was awesome. More answered prayers! I was concerned that we would have lots of tears and spend half our visit warming up to one another. Boy was I wrong! He was so happy to see me- ok - I think he was happy to see our black bag with the toys and snacks in it, but still he was happy nonetheless. He really hasn't grown much at all from what I can tell. I haven't compared the actual measurements  from trip one and today to know for sure. He was sporting lime green tights and red and blue sandals. He loves to be tickled and snuggled next to me toward the end of our two hour visit. I noticed something around his neck while he was laying in my lap. It was the sweetest little necklace made from a piece of twine. On the twine was a golden cross. I don't know how to describe metal...like a firm piece of foil perhaps. I asked about it and was told that he was baptized last week. I am hoping we get to keep the necklace. It will be a very special keepsake.

 I am also hoping that this was the last time I had to take him back to his group at the baby home. The next time we visit we want to take him with us forever.  We were pretty sure that we would get to have him with us during the 10  days after court but now we aren't for certain.  There is a 'big' meeting tomorrow that affects all of the baby home and orphanage directors so we may have to wait to see.  Sounds like no one really knows anything right now. We will focus on court and then hope for good news after that.

Speaking of court, Justin and I need to prepare for court now. Better get going. We would love if you would pray for a positive court hearing. Our hearing starts at 10 a.m. on the 31st which would be 6:00 p.m. central time on the 30th back home.

Paka paka

15 comments:

sonflowerjax said...

So happy you're back with Boston!!! We will be praying for Justin to get better. The only thing worse than being that sick, is being.g that sick in another country.

Joel and Clarion said...

We'll be praying at 6pm for sure! We'll also be praying that Justin gets better. Blessings to you both and to your little one. We'll be anxious to hear some good news from you.

Jody said...

Praying that Justin is feeling well soon. Nothing much worse than being sick in a place far away from home.
Thankful that your first visit with your sweet little guy went so well!!!
Praying for a wonderful court date...
And finally, we were able to bring home JN's cross and also a picture of him with his godmother from the day that he was baptized. He was only a few weeks old, so it is a treasured baby picture for us!!

Heather & Chad said...

Just a small bit of advice......I was also VERY sick on our last trip in Russia. (In the bathrroom, major chills, fever, etc.....actually didn't think I was going to make it back home!) My husband was able to find TheraFlu at a local pharmacy and it completely saved me!!!!!! Hoping he feels better VERY soon!!!

YAY for your reunion!!!! Such an amazing time....Enjoy!!!

Melissa B. said...

I'm so sorry for Justin, but I'm glad that your reunion with B went so well! On our 2nd trip to pick up Iliya, we were given the little cross (looks exactly like the one you pictured), a blanket from his baptism, and a keepsake photo of him with his godmother. The Russian Orthodox church in Nakhodka make sure they take care of the little ones with no family. Apparently so does the one in Ussuriysk! :)

Best wishes & prayers for a good court experience!!

Vicki said...

Glad your visit went so well with Boston. Will be praying that Justin starts feeling well soon and will be praying for you at 6:00! God Bless.

Kate S. said...

LOVE that you were reunited today!!!! Sorry for Justin's sickness :( Just said a prayer for everyone's health and for court!
Keep the updates coming...... :)

Tracey and Chuck said...

So glad to hear that you had a wonderful reunion! Will be thinking and praying for you at 6:00 pm this evening. Hoping that Justin is feeling better.

Gloria said...

We will be praying at 6:00 PM this evening for sure. Hopefully Justin will feel better soon. We also got the same cross necklaces for our two. We also got baptism certificates and a DVD of the actual baptism. It was really great to get them. Kristina's was brand new attached to the certificate and John was wearing his when we came back on our second trip. He gave it to me and I HAD to wear it for the whole time I was in Russia or he would go get it and put it on me. Actually that went on for awhile after we got home too. Also the last Sunday before we got the kids from the Children's Home, they took them to church and the priest did a special blessing and prayers over the children to pray for their long journey to the United States. It was really nice to hear that from the care givers.

Glad your reunion was good. I hope that you get to have Baby B during the waiting period. I wil be sending all good energy your way at 6:00 PM tonight. But I know you guys will rock!!!

Doug and Shelly said...

I will be praying for Justin. I am so excited about your court date! Can't wait to hear the good news!

Michelle said...

Prayers said!! Hope court goes well and Justin feels better!! So glad this special day has finally come for your family!!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sabrina and Giorgio said...

I'm hoping any minute you'll get online and tell us the good news! I also hope you get to bring Baby B with you! I sure wish we were there with you!

Ashley said...

Happy Reuniting Day! We prayed for you guys at court this evening.

Laura said...

The cross is very special and like others, Kristina has the same one on the same type of "twine". We received it right after court along with her baptismal certificate. My dad had the certificate translated after we returned home only for me to learn that K was baptized by nun's from a local cathedral a few blocks from the apt. we had been living in. I only wish I knew then...

Anyways - so glad to see that your reunion went so well -- an indication of only what is soon to come!

Blessings,
Laura