Monday, March 7, 2011

Don’t stop now!

Please keep the prayers/positive thoughts/good vibes coming! They are working so far. Justin is encouraging me to get my hopes up and have faith that God has our family’s best interest at heart. I am still fighting the urge to say “Yeah but” or “What if”. But he won’t hear any of it. He just knows that good news is coming our way this week. I am praying with every ounce of my being that he is right.

This morning we got a pleasant unexpected email. It looks like the judge has looked at our documents and is not requesting that any be redone! She stated she will set a court date after the holidays. I know March 8th is a holiday in Russia. I have no idea now if that means a date will be set on the 9th or later in the week or next week. But the fact that she has LOOKED at our documents is an answered prayer. My biggest fear for this week was that on the 9th we would hear something like “Oh, I’m sorry, I haven’t even had a chance to look over the documents yet.” I would have lost my mind if that would have been the case. So this is such great news!

On Friday, we received a very generous gift in the mail. The Garber family generously gave us rubles that they had left from their trip. It was extremely sweet of them and we look forward to paying it forward when we return home as well. So now we have our visas AND money in our pockets and are ready to roll!

We received the sweetest birthday gift for the little guy from a dear friend of ours. It is an adorable frame that says ‘Brothers’ on it. I of course accepted it with tears in my eyes. I can’t wait to get a picture of the boys together to put in it!

On Saturday, I was rocking out (lol) to Chris Tomlin’s song “Our God”. I love the lyrics and the empowering feeling I get from it. Justin joined in on the karaoke session as well. I told him it would be so awesome if they played that song at church on Sunday although I may be a bit too emotional to enjoy it. Wouldn’t you know it… during the first worship set at church we sang this song. Gave me chills!

So as you can see good things are happening. As tempted as I am to be fearful, anxious, and worry, I can’t ignore all of the great things that are happening around me. I just know that it is because we have so many people lifting us up in prayer. So whatever you do, please don’t stop! We are getting so close.

For my your listening pleasure…

11 comments:

Joel and Clarion said...

Glad to hear there is good news coming your way soon! Not having to submit any further paperwork will be a HUGE stress reliever for you. That scrambling to get paperwork notarized, apostilled, fedexed...uggh. We're thanking the good Lord that you won't have to endure more of that. We're praying for some news of a court date for you this week! We're hoping for some news about being registered and possibly an idea of travel dates for our first trip. Blessings to you all.

Michelle said...

Heather, Thanks for the words of encouragement!! They sure are needed!! That Chris Tomlin song has a way popping up at just the right time. I’ve waited over 2 ½ years to start my process and wondered will I "be able" for the whole time. So many variables! I went to my agency and was told yes! On the long drive back home I heard that song, perfect timing =). I can't help smiling whenever I hear it now=). God is awesome! Hope to hear more good news from your end of the net soon--hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Praying & praying more good news is coming your way. You will be together soon. I just know it!

Btw, got the t-shirt last week. Already had a couple of people ask about it.

Melissa said...

Wonderful news - the unexpected (good) kind always is!

Tracey and Chuck said...

Awesome news......praying the judge sets a court date and you guys get the great news on wed!!!! Praying, praying, praying!!

Jody said...

I was so excited to read this!!! Just today I was driving along listening to Jack crying from his carseat (he still can hardly tolerate it) and thought about you. Praying mightily for a court date for you on the 9th.

Blessings~

Jen Grant said...

Exciting news! Love to hear the update! Thinking of you guys! LY!

Jennifer said...

CANNOT get the silly smile off my face!!! So happy for you to be this much closer to your darling boy!!

Gloria said...

All I can say is YEAH!!!!! So happy the judge did not request any more paperwork!

Ashley said...

Tomorrow's March 9th!!! (as if you didn't know!)

Praying for good news for you all!
Ashley

Jennifer said...

10:30 and I'm stalking.still