Excitement, relief, stress, curiosity, nervous, apprehension, these are just a few of the emotions we have had over the past few days. On Friday afternoon we received word of a potential referral for us. There were some concerns that we had with the medical information and sent it off to an IA doctor. It was determined by Saturday morning that there were a few bits of information that we need to gather before any type of decision could be made. We had a great phone call on Saturday afternoon with our agency rep. We still have to have our papers officially registered in Vlad. She also mentioned that she will have information on two other little ones. That information may be available as early as today. In addition she agreed she would pass along the questions we had about the little boy and try to get answers for us….
So here is the deal though with the timeline, we either travel on September 3rd and be back by September 12 or we have to wait until after harvest is over (or close to it) which is more like November. There was a chance if everything aligned that it was going to work for us to leave a week from Friday. For about 4 days it was actually looking like that might happen. We were overwhelmed with the idea that we would have to get everything together so quickly, but in terms of farming it would have been the best situation.
Today we found out that we needed to wait. The regional operator that does the official registering won’t be back until September 1st and lately she has been requesting additional documentation. There is just no way for us to get over there before harvest.
A small part of me is relieved. Today is the very first day of school for Brady, Madison, and Blake. We have tons of back to school routines to establish and such. But there is also a huge feeling of disappointment as well. We have asked our agency not to see the information on the other two referrals until we are officially registered and are closer to being able to travel. We can’t stand that we have a little face in our head and can do nothing about it. As for the referral that we received on Friday, we will continue to pray over him and his situation. Honestly I never dreamt when we sent our dossier to Russia that we would make it over there before harvest, but then much to our surprise, it seemed like we may have been wrong. Now we are back to what we expected. We know that this is the rollercoaster journey of adoption. Of course there are bumps, turns, and flips. That is the way it works.
So what now??? Tonight I will crash. The emotions of everything going on around us has worn me down. Then we wait until the regional operator returns to see if she registers us or requests more documentation. In the meantime I have written this scripture in a number of places. Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
PS. I NEED (ok maybe want) CHOCOLATE!