Monday, May 24, 2010

Answer to readoption question.

I wish I had more time to blog. I have lots I’d like to catch everyone up on. But I did want to reply to a question that we got. Unfortunately when people leave a comment you can’t just reply to the comment through here. Anyway the question was whether or not readoption waives the post placement reports that Russia requires. The answer to that is no. The post placement reports are still required regardless of the readoption process.


We have already been assigned a judge and Blake was assigned an attorney. To be honest, I don’t even know if he has to actually ‘meet’ the attorney. They have a right to meet him, but I think it is just a formality. I don’t have a real good handle on this process yet. But we did also get notice that our current homestudy is acceptable for the court hearing so it is still looking promising that we won’t have to provide a whole slew of new documents.

Perhaps tomorrow I will have a second to update you on a few items we have learned regarding our current process. It is nothing too exciting, but movement in the right direction.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

They will also want your official adoption certificates that you got in Russia....its really all just a formality.....and a very easy process. Ryan Hunt is the lawyer we used for both of ours....if your lawyer has any questions, I'm sure he'd be glad to help you. Didn't realize you had to do THREE years of postplacements report...holy cow!!! China is just a year.

Doug and Shelly said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for stopping by my blog so I can follows yours! I am anxious to follow along with you on your second journey! You have a beautiful family; what a blessing it will be for your new addition!