Friday, October 15, 2010

TGIF??

International adoption messes with your mind! I try to be a positive person most of the time, but I also like to be honest and share all aspects of our journey in order to help others who travel down the same road. Today I realized how messed up I am as people around the office were so excited that it was Friday. Friday in our minds means it is Saturday in Vlad which means no one is working to get us one step closer to being registered. Of course I realize then that on Sunday they are back to work because it is Monday there but you get my point…

I don’t think I have mentioned that there is this small window of opportunity here for us to get registered until the next roadblock happens. Lutheran’s license expires on October 27th or somewhere right around there and they do not currently have the renewed license from the state in their possession. YIKES!

Update: Just as I was typing this post I got a message that the Regional Operator got our documents on Wednesday but did not have time to review them and asked Irina to leave them there. Irina will be at the Department of Education on Tuesday so she is hoping to find out then if we are registered or not.

On a side note, I got the sweetest Boss’s Day card today and in the card was a donation to the baby home fundraiser! Such big hearts they have!!! I am thankful to work with such great people.

1 comment:

Masha said...

Heather, I found your blog through the Caseys' and oh how I can relate!!! You would see similar posts on mind and it is all for sharing the reality of the process rather than the sugar-coated goodness bits. :) I am also having registration frustration but that is because my state's LCFS license expires on 10/26 and neither region I am registering in will register the paperwork they have had in hand until they get a new copy. Unfortunately our DCFS moves so slowly, I was forewarned it could be that day or later before they have a copy in hand. Being single, always waiting for the other shoe to drop so getting registered at least gives some false sense of security that it is at least a tiny step forward.

Best of luck!