Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Targeted date

Our reprinted homestudy was forward to DCFS on Friday. I don’t think this step is required in all states, but in Illinois all homestudies have to be approved by DCFS before they are ‘valid’. Supposedly they are fully aware of our situation and understand that there has been no changes to the homestudy other than the letterhead it is printed on. We are hopeful for a quick turnaround time. There is an ideal date in my mind that all of the reprinted documents would be in my hands. On Monday, September 27th I have to go to Springfield for a work meeting. I could leave over the lunch hour and have the documents apostilled and sent off to World Links that day. If I don’t have them on that day, I will have to use a personal day from work to take the papers to Springfield. And as you can imagine, personal and sick days are very valuable right now since we will be need to be gone for both trips one and two. In theory there really isn’t any reason that everything can’t be to me by then, but we are talking about the adoption process after all – expect the unexpected!

On a side note, this is Justin’s second day harvesting. I have never been more interested and motivated by harvest in all of our 18 years together. I pray every day for a safe, productive, and SUPER fast harvest!

4 comments:

sonflowerjax said...

YES! Praying for the same thing! :)

Doug and Shelly said...

Both my husband and I grew up in farming families. My dad is now semi retired from it, so I certainly understand where you are coming from! I'll be praying for no equipment break downs and no rain!

Jennifer said...

Praying for that perfect timing....for documents, for harvest, for referral!!!

Joel and Clarion said...

Prayers ascending in your behalf!